Zoning and Land Use

<< All Practice Areas

If you own property and desire to use that property in a way that does not conform to the zoning and land use laws of the state, county and/or municipality, you will need the assistance of an attorney competent in this specialized area of law. Our attorneys have successfully obtained non-conforming uses, conditional uses, special exceptions, etc.

Recently, one of our attorneys won a land use appeal in Superior Court of Pennsylvania on behalf of clients seeking to prevent a neighboring property from utilizing that property in a non-conforming manner.

Joseph Caracappa

Joseph Caracappa is the Managing Partner at Caracappa, Cook, Scott & Ramagli PC since 1978. He holds a J.D. from Duquesne University School of Law and a B.A. from Penn State University. With a background in clerking for judges, he specializes in business transactions, litigation, and estate administration. Admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and federal courts, he also served as an adjunct faculty member at Bucks County Community College. Beyond his legal career, Caracappa is actively involved in community service, including roles as a Big Brother and in various director and president positions for organizations like the Lower Bucks Family YMCA, Bethanna, ChoiceOne Pregnancy + Sexual Health Resource Centers, and World Team.

Frequently Asked Questions

A governing body has the right to take one’s private property if the taking is for a public purpose.

Zoning hearing boards can grant landowners relief from zoning ordinances when warranted.

Yes. A landowner can file a Land Use Appeal in the Court of Common Pleas of the county in which the land is located.

The County assesses every parcel of real estate and that assessment determines in large part the tax burden on a particular property.

Call For All Your Zoning and Land Use Needs

To top